Read part 1/2 of this article here! I celebrate today my 11th day in Bangladesh, and in a couple of days I would be celebrating my second year in Dubai. Time flew by for my Dubai stay, but the eleven days I have spent here in the poorest of all … more »
Around the World in 80 Posts
This is a section for anyone from anywhere to be a part of Backpack ME!
You can submit stories about the place you live in or somewhere special you have traveled to.
If you’d like to contribute to Backpack ME sending a guest post, please keep in mind:
- You can write a mini-guide to your town or city or a story about something specific in the place you’d like us to know more about. Non-fiction only. Please don’t write Wikitravel kind of guides… that’s already available! Bring us a scoop of the really good stuff that you know about.
- Submissions should be text + photos, or videos, or a combination of both (the more visual it is, the better!) Make sure the images you send us are yours!
- The length of your post is up to you, but please use our previous Backpack ME articles as reference.
- We are open to all kinds of stories and would like you to enjoy total freedom of speech, but with certain exceptions: racist, xenophobic and violent attitudes aren’t really welcome.
- Posts and visuals should be sent to email@example.com. If you want to make sure we’ll publish your article, send a pitch in advance!
- If you have a travel blog or site, we will include a link to it in your post.
NOTE: We do not accept posts for commercial purposes and/or links in this section. If you are interested in promoting your product or service on Backpack ME, get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss a sponsored review and other advertising opportunities.
Bangladesh is far from being a tourist hot spot. The first couple of days I stayed in the hotel, a guarded castle in a guarded area of Dhaka called Gulsham. I went out a couple of times with the crew to do some filming. On our first shooting day we … more »
Ever since reading the Outlander novels (they take place during 1700s in the Highlands), I’ve been obsessed with Scotland. What better way to reflect on the gorgeous landscape and daydream about being whisked back to a simpler time than by camping there? One of the most serene and picturesque walks … more »
Yesterday when I was going to bed, I had this sudden idea that I thought we can all bring to life together… Looking at who we interact with on Twitter, I realized that the vast majority of people we regularly exchange 140 characters with are other travelers. Most of them, … more »